November 28, 2011

Awesomed By Comics Podcast Episode #159

CONTEST TIME! (<-- Download the show here!!)

This very special comic-related non-comic episode of the ABC Podcast is brought to you by the fact that it's CONTEST TIME! We go through about three dozen entries into our 30-word, juggling-inclusive, non-pandering, bananarama fanfiction challenge and eventually walk away with a winner! Who is it? YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LISTEN TO FIND OUT unless we already emailed you by the time you're listening to this, in which case you already know it's you. If, in fact, it's you who's reading this right now. It might not be you. It might be someone else. If someone else is reading this, then you'll only find out who won by listening. But if YOU are reading this, you, our winner, whoever you are, then YOU might actually know who the winner is before listening to the episode, but you should listen anyway because you won. And also I used high-tech computer analysis tools on a cat chirp.

A sincere thank you to all of you who entered - seriously every single one of your entries was fantastic, even those of you who sorta didn't follow directions, or who did follow directions but did so too obscurely for us to know.

We had so much fun doing this, and it was a bright spot in what has otherwise been a relatively rough few days, so guaranteed we'll be doing another contest sometime soon. And don't be alarmed if you don't hear from us for a while, because we're getting awfully close to babytime. But stay tuned and follow us on twitter and stuff and you'll be among the first to know what's happening and when we're coming back. :)

11 comments:

Ziah Grace said...

Hey, guys. I'm friends with Arielle (Ah-ree-el), and I encouraged her to join. Her fanfic was actually about the Harley Quinn One-Shot comic/ BTAS tv show Made Love. She's all literary and stuff. Just some context. And man. Summa these were REALLY clever. I kinda wished I'd spent more time on mine. Great episode though!

aaron said...

OH NO I should have known that, even though I'm not a huge BTAS fan. Apologies to her! And thanks for (hopefully) adding another listener! :)

Ethan Hoddes said...

I think that Chris Claremont's sex dungeon isn't so much confirmed as 'generally assumed'.

J.R. Jenks said...

I'm so pleased that my journalists-themed fanfic wasn't disqualified and that it made it almost all the way to the top. Thank you!

But I do need to say one thing in my defense: My fanfic did indeed include thirty words. It's just that the last word is, well, take a look:

Rita Skeeter, Ben Urich, Chloe Sullivan, Lou Grant, Jack McGee, Carl Kolchak, Vicki Vale, Anthony Gatto, Brenda Starr, Dale Arden, Mike Royko and Lois Lane walk into a bar.
–30–

Tyler Ward said...

Happy to make it to the finals. Even happier that we could brighten your week. Hope all goes well the rest of the year.

Michael Moschen facts and craziness- He invented contact juggling: http://youtu.be/8OTb8tga-yg which he did in Labyrinth. I remember seeing him hiding beneath Bowie's cape in a making of special- http://youtu.be/G_IcWf8EVjU
He's also the only juggler to receive a MacArthur genius grant- http://youtu.be/qjHoedoSUXY and is one of the more entertaining names to type into youtube.

sam said...

Just finished listening...this is the greatest achievement of my life so far. I'd like to think that Slash is also proud.

I was awesomed by many of the entries. My personal choice would probably have been the juggling angel.

As the father of two exhausting young children, I wish you both the best. I'll miss your podcast a lot while you're on leave. In all seriousness, you guys are terrific and the baby will be Awesomed by your parenting.

Anonymous said...

I didn't like this episode

I LOVED IT

Anonymous said...

You guys rock, but I think that the Mad Love entry should have won. :)

ericmci said...

Not sure why I but I like it when Aaron says Gregulon Pak.

Wrye said...

Don't worry about you guys blanking on Mad Love, Aaron, it was totally worth it to picture Chris Sims's outraged reaction, wherever he was at the time.

Hilarious stuff, all! I had to stop listening or I'd have woken my pregnant significant other with all the giggling.

Psycho Judge Metal Gear said...

Congrats and kudos!