August 14, 2008

Half-assed follow-up

Oh, so I read Final Crisis: Revelations, and felt that it ruled, particularly in the way where you know things that rule are coming.

Also, Secret Invasion #5 shocked me with its semblance of a moving plot, so that was nice. And Young Avengers/Runaways #2 was exactly as good as I expected, and Molly threw a Skrull nearly into orbit, which is all I really needed.

Other than that, I haven't read anything else, because my work plate is Happy Time Buffet high. It's the 50th anniversary of the Hot 100, and I have some hit songs to chronicle (two of them Roberta Flack, making this the second Roberta Flack reference on my comic book blog this week, and that's probably an internet first). I'll cram everything else in time for the podcast, where I'll just choose "C" for every category.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be fair, you only made the first Roberta Flack reference because you were working on the project you referenced here.

If the first Roberta Flack reference had been made BEFORE you got that assignment, and purely by coincidence you just happened to be assigned two Roberta Flack songs, THEN you've got something special.

This ... this is like listening to "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" and realizing that it's Peabo Bryson.